“BBFLA 2018 Year-End Supporter Draw”
Summary of Contest Rules
No purchase, payment, or contribution necessary to enter or win. Contributing to the Brantford-Brant Federal Liberal Association (“BBFLA”) will not increase chances of winning. The contest begins on 12:00 am Eastern Time November 26, 2018 and closes on 7:00 pm Eastern Time December 10, 2018, and no entries submitted after that date will be accepted. Two (2) winners will receive the following prize package: One (1) of two (2) $100 prepaid Mastercard gift cards. The Contest Organizer will also determine, in its sole discretion, the date and means of delivering the prize to the winners. To enter the contest, complete and submit this online entry before the Contest Closing Date. Entrance into this contest constitutes permission for the BBFLA to use the participants’ names, cities and provinces/territories of residence and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, or permission, unless prohibited by law. Odds of winning the Prize are dependent on the total number of entries to the contest. The Potential Winners will be selected by draw by a volunteer who holds registered Liberal status with the BBFLA by no later than Noon Eastern Time January 7, 2019 in Brantford, Ontario, and must correctly answer a skill-testing question in order to be declared one of the Winners. This contest is open to all Canadian citizens and permanent residents currently living in Canada who have reached the age of majority in their respective province/territory as of the date the contest closes. The contest is not open to: officers and employees of Liberal Party of Canada and/or BBFLA and their immediate family members. This contest is void where prohibited. Below are detailed Contest Rules which participants must agree to in order to participate in the contest.
Contest Organizer: Brantford-Brant Federal Liberal Association, 43 Morrell St., Brantford, ON N3T 4J3.
Official Rules: BBFLA 2018 Year-End Supporter Draw
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online contest (the “Contest”). By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
- Eligibility: This contest is open to all Canadian citizens, and permanent residents currently living in Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their respective province/territory as of the date the contest closes. Officers and employees of the Liberal Party of Canada and/or the Brantford-Brant Federal Liberal Association (“BBFLA”), including its provincial and territorial associations; and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter this contest. This contest is void where prohibited.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning the prize are dependent on the total number of entries received.
- Time Frame of Contest: The contest opens at 12:00 am Eastern Time November 26, 2018 and closes at 7:00 pm Eastern Time December 10, 2018.
- The Prize to be awarded to two (2) winners: one (1) prize to be awarded to each winner is the following prize package (“gift card”): * One (1) each of a $100.00 prepaid Mastercard gift card. Retail value of the entire “gift card” package: $100.00. The Contest Organizer will determine, in its sole discretion, the means of delivery of the prize to the winners of this contest.
- Date of Selection of Potential Winner: The Potential Winner will be selected by a volunteer who is a Registered Liberal with the BBFLA by no later than noon Eastern Time January 7, 2019, in Brantford, Ontario. The BBFLA reserves the right to cancel the contest if there is no eligible winner by noon January 10, 2019.
- Awarding of the Prize / Taxes: ANY FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.The potential winners will be notified within (5) business days of the selection via either email or telephone. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if (a) winner release materials (see Section 10 below) are not returned as required from a potential winner, (b) if two (2) attempts to contact a potential winner by phone and/or e-mail within 24 hours are not successful, (c) any prize is otherwise not claimed. The prize is not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the prize will be permitted, except that the Contest Organizer reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. The prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Conditions: In order for a potential winner to claim the prize, that person must complete a time-limited mathematical skill-testing problem. This problem will involve a mathematical order of operations type of question. If a potential winner is unable to answer the skill-testing question, they will be unable to claim the prize and a new potential winner will be chosen using the same method, excluding all previous potential winners.
- Identity of Participant: In the event of a dispute about the identity of the contest participant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winners may be required to provide the contest organizer with proof that the potential winners are the authorized holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- Release for Promotional Purposes: Entrance into this contest constitutes permission for the BBFLA to use the participants’ names, cities and provinces/territories of residence and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, or permission, unless prohibited by law.
- Announcement of Winner: Only two (2) entrants will become a Winner. The Winners will determined by the BBFLA no later than January 7, 2019.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering the contest, the participant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the BBFLA, which shall be final in all matters. By entering the contest, you release the contest organizer, and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to hold the BBFLA, their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, parent and related companies, licensors, licensees, and assigns harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the acceptance, use, misuse or redemption of any prize or participation in the contest. The BBFLA is not responsible for any lost or late entries, or for any typographical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or announcement of the prize, or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this contest, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the BBFLA that interferes with the proper conduct of the contest as contemplated by these Official Rules. If, in the opinion of the BBFLA, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the contest, or if technical difficulties or any other factor including accident, printing, administrative, or any error of any kind compromises the integrity, administration, or conduct of the contest, the BBFLA reserves the right to modify, cancel, or suspend this contest without prior notice or obligation. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the BBFLA reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. The BBFLA reserves the right to disqualify a person if he/she enters the contest or tries to do so by any means contrary to these rules or which would be unfair to other entrants or where contest entries are generated by any mechanical or automated means. Entry materials that have been tampered with, reproduced, falsified, or altered are void. Currency is in Canadian dollars unless otherwise stipulated. The prize must be accepted “as is” and may not be exchanged for an amount of money, bartered, sold, raffled, substituted, or transferred, and is non-refundable. In the event the stated Prize is unavailable due to reasons beyond the control of the BBFLA, a prize of equivalent nature and value will be available to be won, or the BBFLA, in its sole option, may award the winner the equivalent monetary value in lieu of prize. The prizes will be delivered only to the confirmed Winners.
- Contest Organizer: Brantford-Brant Federal Liberal Association, 43 Morrell St., Brantford, ON, N3T 4J3.